OSXHack Mailing List
The OSXHack mailing list was devoted to tinkering with Mac OS X. The list no longer exists.
This was the old introduction message to the list:
Welcome to the OSX Hack mailing list. Please read and save this message, or at least memorize its contents before burning it.
This list is devoted to discussion of tinkering ("hacking") on Mac OS X. Topics have included crazy ways of wiring up the Finder and the command line, how to make unix things happen in the Mac world, and More(tm).
We are talking about hacking in the traditional "mucking about with things" sense rather than the modern "breaking into other people's systems" sense. See: http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/H/hack.html.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- This is a "closed" list, in that I have to approve subscriptions and people can only post to the list from addresses which are subscribed to the list. However, this is an "open" list in that anyone is welcome. The "closed" aspect is mostly to cut down on spam problems which plagued the list in a past life (ahem, Yahoo!). Please feel free to extend invitations to anyone you feel would benefit from or the list or would add to the list.
- This list is not for discussion of illegal activities, including but not limited to (a) breaking into systems which aren't yours, (b) malicious coding (unleashing viruses, worms, etc.), (c) copyright infringement ("file sharing", warez sites, serial "kracks", etc.). Violation of this rule is grounds for immediate unsubscription without notice. It's also grounds for delayed unsubscription without notice since I can't read the list all the time, and may only discover such infractions when they are brought to my attention. I apologize for the severe tone on this rule, but we've had problems in the past which interefered with the otherwise Good Clean Fun(tm).
- On a related note, if there's something you'd like to say but you'd rather not have it be public knowledge, don't say it here. Really. This is a public mailing list run off a multi-user computer. You have no privacy. War is peace.
- The list admin is Faisal, email@example.com. He can be rather busy. Please do not be surprised if he takes some time to get back to you.
- To subscribe to the list or manage your subscription, please see the list management page.